An Aesthetic movement Eastlake walnut swiveling fire screen within a carved, pierced fleur-de-lis (or fleur-de-lys) decorated frame, supported by carved, squared columns, topped by finials; all on triangular shaped legs. The screen is an old needlepoint coat-of-arms with a fleur-de-lis motif, enscribed: "RE E MERITO," behind glass. American, circa 1870.
18th century Gustavian pair of cream-painted side chairs in Louis XVI style with pierced back splats and fully upholstered seats (in an antique printed linen). Sweden, circa 1790. Dimensions: 36.5" H x 19.5" W x 18.5" D. Excellent condition.
An American Arts and Crafts movement quarter-sawn, highly figured golden oak pedestal or table, having an oblong 2-board top w/canted corners supported by double columns on a scroll footed plinth, circa 1910. Dimensions: 17.75" W x 15.25" D x 28.75" H.
Vintage finely hand crafted teak coffee or cocktail table made to use on a sailing or motor yacht, circa 1930. Extremely well built. Each section on the top was hand cut to interlock with the others. Curved corners, doweled frame, shaped pedestal base, very strong. Measures 24.75 inches square by 18.75 inches high. This item is on display in our gallery at OLD SAYBROOK ANTIQUES CENTER and can be seen in-person by visiting 756 MIDDLESEX AVE OLD SAYBROOK, CT 06475. For hours of operation visit: http://www.OldSaybrookAntiquesCenter.com
Pair of vintage G. Fox Regency style mahogany arm chairs in green upholstery with solid brass casters and rosettes, circa 1970. Each chair is all original and in excellent condition. Fine quality hand made construction, strong and comfortable. Each chair measures 33 inches high to the back, 18 inches high to the seat, 26 inches high to the arms, 19 inches deep and 22.5 inches wide at the arms. The original G. Fox label dated Feb. 3, 1972 is underneath. G. Fox & Co. was established in 1847 by Gerson Fox and his brother, Isaac Fox, and was named I. & G. Fox Co. The first G. Fox store was a single-room storefront opened in Hartford, Connecticut In 1938, Gerson's granddaughter, Beatrice Fox Auerbach, took control of the company upon her father's (Moses Fox) death. The store went on to become the largest privately held department store in the nation. Under Mrs. Auerbach's leadership, extraordinary customer service was the rule and became the stuff of legend. It closed in 1993. This item is on display in our gallery at OLD SAYBROOK ANTIQUES CENTER and can be seen in-person by visiting 756 MIDDLESEX AVE OLD SAYBROOK, CT 06475. For hours of operation visit: http://www.OldSaybrookAntiquesCenter.com