Francesco Rocchini (1820-1893) photograph of a palm tree in the Palace of Necessidades Gardens in Lisbon, Portugal, c1870-1880. The Palace of Necessidades is a historical building in the Largo do Rilvas, a public square. It serves as headquarters of the Portuguese Foreign Ministry. Formerly a convent belonging to the Congregation of the Oratory, it was built in the 18th century, by order of King John V, in gratitude for prayers answered by Our Lady of Needs, whose first devotional chapel stood on this site. The artist's impressed stamp is at lower right. The photo iss 8.5 x 10.5 inches; the frame is 17 x 21 inches. Very good condition with light fading.