Vice President (1969-1973) Spiro T. Agnew presentation box. This beautifully figured wood box was given to Vice President and Mrs. Agnew on March 25, 1969 by the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Baltimore (Maryland). The engraved plaque on the lid is sterling silver made by Stieff Silver Company of Baltimore, MD. Excellent condition with working key. Velvet lining. One small strip of brass inlay is missing on the lower back bottom, but no scratches or repairs. Measures 3 x 10 x 13 inches. This item is on display in our gallery at BRANFORD ANTIQUES & HOME DESIGN 824 EAST MAIN ST.BRANFORD, CT O6405 open 7 days. Formerly Clocktower Antiques. For hours of operation and directions go to www.BranfordAntiques.com
Milford CT Fire Department leather coat or jacket #3, circa 1940. It measures 46 inches long. Acid, grease and oil resistant. Very good original condition.
Vintage Bell System NYC telephone directory stand. Four slots are labeled Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and Classified. The three dividers are adjustable side to side. The stand is 12 inches deep, 18 inches wide and 43.5 inches tall. Excellent condition. There was originally a plaque or label on the top surface but it is long gone.
Set of 3 New England Almanacks, dated 1806, 1826 and 1827, written by Isaac Bickerstaff, and printed in Providence, Rhode Island (the 1806 issue by John Carter and the other 2 by Carlisle and Brown). In as found estate condition. Each almanack measures 7.5 x 4.5 inches.
International Exhibition paper advertising fan for The Art Gallery Philadelphia. The fan's bamboo frame is stamped Registered June 8th 1875. The fan is mounted in a well designed and crafted oak frame. The fan is in very good condition for its age, some minor loss here and there. The frame measures 21 x 13 x 2 inches with a 24 x 4 inch stand. The fan measures 11 x 19 inches open. In celebration of America’s 100th anniversary of independence, the Centennial Exhibition took place on more than 285 acres of land in Philadelphia’s Fairmount Park May 10-November 10, 1876. Close to ten million visitors (9,910,966) went to the fair via railroad, steamboat, carriage, and on foot. Thirty-seven nations participated in the event, officially named the International Exhibition of Arts, Manufactures, and Products of the Soil and Mine. The grounds contained five major buildings: the Main Exhibition Building, Memorial Hall (Art Gallery), Machinery Hall, Agricultural Hall, and Horticultural Hall. In addition to these buildings, approximately 250 smaller structures were constructed by states, countries, companies, and other Centennial bureaus that focused on particular displays or services. At the top of the print on the fan is a bald eagle perched on an American shield holding Old Glory and flags of others nations