Antique Centennial commemorative cast iron standing dresser mirror circa 1875. Excellent condition. The mirror can easily be removed for display of a small painting or photograph. Measures 14 inches tall and 10 inches wide at base. Interior space measures 4 x 6 inches.
Original Hubley Sunbonnet Sue cast iron doorstop c1900. Original old paint. Approximate measurements: 6 and 1/8 inches at tallest point x 3 and 7/8 inches at widest point.
Two kittens in a lady's high button shoe. This charming cast iron door stop was made circa 1890. It retains its original untouched paint and measures 9.5 inches high. There are later reproductions of this doorstop but this one is authentic.
Large antique cast iron pair of garden urns. Designed with renaissance style rampant lions. Excellent casting and condition. Each urn weighs around 250-300 pounds and measures 49 inches high, 32 inches across with 24 inch openings. Purchased in a Newport, RI, antique shop in 1960.
Bradley and Hubbard iron and brass fireplace andirons c1920, signed B and H 5902 on base. Excellent condition. Each andiron measures 21 inches high, 10 inches wide at base, and 22 inches deep. Bradley and Hubbard made the finest iron products in America during the mid 19th to early 20th century. The partnership of Nathaniel and William L. Bradley, Walter Hubbard, and Orson and Chitten Hatch began in Meriden, Connecticut, in 1852 as Bradley, Hatch & Company. Clocks were the sole product of the newly formed company. When the Hatch brothers sold their interests in the firm two years later, Nathaniel Bradley, William Bradley and Walter Hubbard formed a company which they named simply Bradley and Hubbard. By 1856, they were producing call bells and sewing machines, but clocks continued to be the main line of production throughout the 1850's and 1860's. Many northern manufacturers prospered immensely during the Civil War due to the expanded market west of the Mississippi and increased foreign exports. Bradley and Hubbard was no exception, adding the production of flags, hoop skirts, spring measuring tapes and match safes during the war years. The discovery of oil in Pennsylvania in 1859 also had a great impact on the product line of Bradley & Hubbard with the decision to begin production of kerosene burning lamps. By 1871, kerosene virtually replaced whale oil for heating and illumination and new ways of burning it more efficiently were needed. Between 1868 and 1875, Bradley and Hubbard secured 33 patents relating to the design and mechanics of oil burning lamps (in all, the company would eventually patent a total of 238 designs and mechanical devices). The company was again reorganized in 1875, this time as a joint stock company renamed The Bradley and Hubbard Manufacturing Company. To learn more about the company go to: www.BradleyandHubbard.com We also offer a consultation service AntiquesConsultant.com, ... as well as an online price guide at TheBestAntiquesPriceGuide.com.