T J & J Mayer Staffordshire ironstone platter in the blue and white Canova pattern. Deep sapphire blue print, very good condition. Measures 15.5 x 13 inches. Thomas, John and Joshua Mayer produced earthenware, china, parian, and blue printed wares at the Furlong Works and also the Dale Hall Works, in Longport, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent. T. J. & J. Mayer were displayed at the British Exhibitions of 1851, 1853 and 1855. They won a medal at the 1851 Exhibition. The firm produced a large earthenware table described as the "chef-d'oeuvre of the potter's art." This item is on display in our gallery at BRANFORD ANTIQUES & HOME DESIGN 824 EAST MAIN ST.BRANFORD, CT O6405 203 488-1919 open 7 days. Formerly Clocktower Antiques
T J K J Mayer Arabesque ironstone flow blue platter. Deep rich cobalt color, very good condition. Measures 15.75 inches by 12.25 inches. Thomas, John and Joshua Mayer - Earthenware, China, Parian and blue printed ware manufacturers at the Furlong Works and also the Dale Hall Works, Longport, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent.T J & J Mayer exhibited at the British Exhibitions of 1851, 1853 and 1855. They won a medal at the 1851 Exhibition. The firm produced a large earthenware table described as the 'chef-d'oeuvre of the potter's art'.
Vintage pair of hand painted Royal Bavarian Hutschenreutner scenic porcelain plates, signed P. O. B., with 24K gold edges. Each plate measures 10 .75 inches and is in excellent condition. Circa 1930.
Large vintage mid century modern Trenton pottery white porcelain vase with high gloss glaze, Trenton NJ c1950. This a very unusual monumental size for a Trenton pottery piece, most are smaller. Measures 16 inches tall, 5.75 inches across this top, 8 inches across at its widest point, and has a 5.5 inches base with a 4 inch opening at the top. Mint condition.
Vintage set of eight Limoges porcelain oyster serving plates made by Charles J Ahrenfeldt c1894-1930, and retailed by Davis Collamore and Co Ltd. Fifth Ave and 37th ST New York New York. Each plate has 24k yellow gold accents, and is in excellent condition. “Charles J. Ahrenfeldt was born in 1856. He carried on the porcelain business established by his father, Charles Ahrenfeldt, and began producing porcelain about 1894. During the late 1890s, the company carried on an extensive export trade. White ware and decorated table china were the principal articles manufactured. Davis Collamore & Co. was a high-end New York City importer of porcelain and glass, headed by Davis Collamore (7 October 1820 — 13 August 1887. The firm, rivals to Tiffany & Co. and Black Starr & Frost, commissioned designs from Copeland Spode and Thomas Minton Sons, that featured hand-painted details over transfer-printed outlines and often rich gilding. Porcelain by Haviland, Royal Worcester, and Villeroy & Boch also appear with the firm's stamped underglaze marks integrated with the manufacturer's. Davis Collamore was among the first to recognize the beauty and value of American-made cut glass and also offered Rookwood Pottery,for which they were the representatives at the Exposition Universelle, Paris 1889. Davis Collamore, born in Scituate, Massachusetts to a family that had been settled there since 1639, was the youngest of twelve children. At the age of sixteen he moved to New York City to be employed by his brother Ebenezer, an importer of glass and china, at 171 Broadway, with a residence near St. John's Park. In 1842 he established his own business, at 595 Broadway. His brother Gilman Collamore (1834—1888) came to join him in 1854. Gilman established his own business in 1861. Gilman Collamore & Co., in premises at 731 Broadway in 1861, then occupied premises in Union Square before taking two storiess of showrooms in The Wilbraham, a fashionable block of bachelor flats at Fifth Avenue and 30th Street, that opened in 1890; about 1920 new premises were constructed for the firm at 15 East 56th Street. Davis Collamore & Co.'s premises also matched the moves uptown of fashionable New Yorkers. An ad for tea and dinner services advertised from the firm's early premises, at 479 Broadway, just below Broome Street, appeared in Harper's Weekly, 25 April 1863. Retail shops were opened at Broadway and 21st Street, then on the southwest corner of Fifth Avenue and 37th Street, and then, in 1911, at 48th and Fifth Avenue and finally at 7 and 9 East 52nd Street. There was a branch at the fashionable resort of Newport, Rhode Island.