Antique English adjustable brass fireplace fender trivet c1850, stamped 3828 J C S. This trivet was designed to clamp onto the front of a fireplace fender to keep a teakettle or small pot warm. It has a two inch adjustment. Measures 12 inches long with a 5 inch handle and 6 x 7 inch surface.
Antique English 19thc serving fork with sterling handle,measures 8 inches long. Signed sterling on handle epns made in England on back of fork. Excellent condition.
Vintage African tribal ceremonial spoon circa 1950. Carved from single stock African hardwood. Lovely old patina. Measures 24" long x 4.75" wide x 2" deep.
Antique 18th c English or Dutch brass and iron country kitchen skimmer or strainer. Measures 22.5 inches long and 8.5 inches round. One old repair done with a copper rivet.
Bradley and Hubbard iron and brass fireplace andirons c1920, signed B and H 5902 on base. Excellent condition. Each andiron measures 21 inches high, 10 inches wide at base, and 22 inches deep. Bradley and Hubbard made the finest iron products in America during the mid 19th to early 20th century. The partnership of Nathaniel and William L. Bradley, Walter Hubbard, and Orson and Chitten Hatch began in Meriden, Connecticut, in 1852 as Bradley, Hatch & Company. Clocks were the sole product of the newly formed company. When the Hatch brothers sold their interests in the firm two years later, Nathaniel Bradley, William Bradley and Walter Hubbard formed a company which they named simply Bradley and Hubbard. By 1856, they were producing call bells and sewing machines, but clocks continued to be the main line of production throughout the 1850's and 1860's. Many northern manufacturers prospered immensely during the Civil War due to the expanded market west of the Mississippi and increased foreign exports. Bradley and Hubbard was no exception, adding the production of flags, hoop skirts, spring measuring tapes and match safes during the war years. The discovery of oil in Pennsylvania in 1859 also had a great impact on the product line of Bradley & Hubbard with the decision to begin production of kerosene burning lamps. By 1871, kerosene virtually replaced whale oil for heating and illumination and new ways of burning it more efficiently were needed. Between 1868 and 1875, Bradley and Hubbard secured 33 patents relating to the design and mechanics of oil burning lamps (in all, the company would eventually patent a total of 238 designs and mechanical devices). The company was again reorganized in 1875, this time as a joint stock company renamed The Bradley and Hubbard Manufacturing Company. To learn more about the company go to: www.BradleyandHubbard.com We also offer a consultation service AntiquesConsultant.com, ... as well as an online price guide at TheBestAntiquesPriceGuide.com.